Monday, March 3, 2008

The Sports Watercooler

By Kirby

After being out of commission for the past 4 days, I thought I would do just some quick hits from the sporting world, in an effort to catch up both myself, and all of our cave dwelling loyal readers.

The NFL was all about free agent contracts. Asante Samuel signed a 6 year deal with the Eagles, promising to let many more Superbowl clinching interceptions fall through his hands. Michael Turner went to Atlanta, as fantasy owners/everyone smarter than the Atlanta management/Jerious Norwood's mother shakes their heads in confusion. Derrick Andersen foolishly failed to parlay his one good season into a paycheck, and turned down a $20 million salary and instead joined free agency. Big Ben got a huge contract extension, making sure he will be a Steeler for 8 years. And the Cowboys resigned Flozell Adams, because every team needs a Flozell.

In the NBA, from the rich get richer files, Sam Cassell will join the Celtics at a press conference today. He will rejoin former Minnesota teammate Kevin Garnett, and bring the Celtic roster up from 5 bad knees, to 7.

Other quick NBA hits, the Rockets keep winning (15 in a row, even after Yao's injury), the Spurs are hitting their stride, and the Heat are still really, really bad.

I didn't watch a second of basketball (other than the Notre Dame game on Thursday which, I believe our own Ronald correctly predicted a loss. Not that that was any consolation or anything), I watched a few innings of baseball last night, although preseason baseball rosters are full of names you will never hear again until they defect from Cuba while playing an exhibition game in Miami.

And now we should all be back in the grind. At least I learned my lesson about letting these things slide because this was hard. And since I seemed to focus more on writing news and less on jokes, I will leave you with the following video. Its the least I can do.

1 comment:

Gar said...

Digger shoulda pulled a Grizz and started grinding on her.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites

Powered by FeedBurner