Friday, March 14, 2008

The Sports Watercooler

I will have a post later today about the Big East Tournament and my day yesterday. But first, the rest of the sporting news.

Since I am still feeling a bit down and a bit hungover from the game last night, I am going to let a random fan I met at the game last night do the Watercooler today*. He appears to be feeling a bit passive aggressive today as a result of the aforementioned game. We will see.

*May not actually be true.

So the Suns beat the Warriors last night in a high scoring affair behind Stoudimire's 36 points. Well at least SOMEBODY was scoring somewhere last night. At least when they were down by 10 with 2 minutes to go I bet the shot some 3 pointers. Especially if it was one of their STRONGEST ASSETS.

The Rockets will try and capture win number 21 (good for second all time) in their streak as they play the Bobcats. Although they should be careful since those underdogs may come out shooting 563% from THREE POINT RANGE.

Trent Dilfer and Kevin Jones will be hitting the unemployment lines today, as they were cut from their teams. I bet that has to be disappointing. Does anyone even remember Trent Dilfer won the Superbowl? I bet even he looks at his ring finger sometimes and is surprised.

There was a bunch of college basketball that happened last night, but I just can't bring myself to look at them. I am sure a bunch of other teams easily got up for theeeeeeeeeir tournament games.

West Virginia stud running back Noel Devine got arrested Thursday and charged with Battery. But I am sure West Viriginia fans didn't care too much as they were too busy celebrating their UPSET WIN OVER UCONN. BECAUSE APPARENTLY, IT IS POSSIBLE TO WIN ONE FREAKING GAME IN MSG.

Someone get me a beer.

Ed Note: I actually don't feel too bad about this loss. I was a bit depressed naturally, but I think that it may help to light the fire under their asses for the NCAA Tournament next week. The main thing that sucked was we are about to get hosed by the selection committee on Sunday. But it was sort of fun to write in a "oh my God the world is crumbling" type of manner after a tough loss. Just don't send anyone out to check on me.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites

Powered by FeedBurner